This fully revised new edition has now been considerably expanded to cover the full length of the Cornwall coast, 280 miles. This second part of the South West Coast Path around the south-western tip of Britain, includes some of the best coastal walking in Europe. With constantly changing scenery, the footpath takes in secluded coves, tiny fishing villages, rocky headlands, bustling resorts, wooded estuaries and golden surf-washed beaches. It is an area rich in wildlife with seabirds, wild flowers, dolphins and seals.
· 15 town plans and 130 large-scale walking maps – at just under 1:20,000 – showing route times, places to stay, places to eat, points of interest and much more. These are not general-purpose maps but fully-edited maps drawn by walkers for walkers.
· Itineraries for all walkers – whether walking the route in its entirety over a week to 10 days or sampling the highlights on day walks and short breaks
· Practical information for all budgets – camping, bunkhouses, hostels, B&Bs, pubs and hotels; where to stay, where to eat, what to see, plus detailed street plans
· Comprehensive public transport information – for all access points on the coast path
· Flora and fauna – four page full color flower guide, plus an illustrated section on local wildlife
· Green hiking – understanding the local environment and minimizing our impact on it
· Includes downloadable gps waypoints